Let's Get Your New Life Started With Our Tattoo Removal for Felons
The stigma surrounding tattoos is going away. But those coming out of prison feel it’s a different story for them.
Aside from that, tattoos and a criminal record don’t really make you look good to an employer. We saw many formerly incarcerated youth struggle to find jobs upon being released because of their tattoos.
This is why tattoo removal programs have turned up.
Reportedly 40% of tattooed individuals regret their tattoos. And for something permanent, that amount of regretful demographic isn’t good.
Pearl Lemon Tattoos has your back. We can help you remove a tattoo that might have reminded you of what you previously were before wanting to turn a new leaf.
Let us help. Start by giving us a call so we can book you in with our laser tattoo removal procedure.
The Pros and Cons of Laser Tattoo Removal
You’ve probably heard about laser tattoo removal from your friends, family, acquaintances, or maybe even from the internet when you looked up ways to remove your tattoo.
And well, it led you here with us. Laser tattoo removal is preferable for people who want to remove their tattoos. This is because it is less harmful, more effective, and gains better results.
But we’re not here to sugarcoat things– so here are the pros and cons of laser tattoo removal.
- Laser tattoo removal is a permanent method that completely removes the tattoo. A person might want to get rid of a tattoo for many different reasons. These could include regret or be unhappy with how the tattoo looks on their body. Others may want to get rid of a tattoo to improve their chances of getting a job because tattoos have a bad reputation and are seen as unprofessional in the workplace.
- Pain is relatively involved in this procedure. Depending on how sensitive you are to pain, you will experience varying levels of pain during the removal process. You might be able to deal with the removal process if you got the tattoo in the first place. In some cases, the process is much more unpleasant than in others. There will be some discomfort, but not anything severe.
- It is an effective method to proceed with. The success rate of laser tattoo removal is reported to be very high. As equipment and techniques have advanced, they have become more advanced. It is now possible to permanently remove tattoos of any color. In some cases, results may not be evident right away. Your tattoo will not fade instantly after your first treatment, but it will fade permanently with time and the correct number of treatments.
- Getting rid of a tattoo completely can be challenging, especially for people with dark skin or who want to get rid of a tattoo with colour. After laser treatment, some people may also notice changes in the texture or color of their skin.
- Most people who get a laser tattoo removed must undergo a series of laser treatments to get rid of the tattoo completely. This makes the person get more laser light, which raises the risk of complications. Also, a long series of treatments can get very expensive.
- When a laser is used to get rid of a tattoo, the skin can sometimes get infected, especially if an area of the tattoo is not appropriately treated. Patients should take care to protect the area of skin that has been treated.
Minimising The Risks of Laser Tattoo Removal
After getting a tattoo removed with a laser, it’s important to take care of yourself so that problems don’t happen. In the days after the procedure, it’s best to keep the skin clean by washing it regularly in the right way.
Putting on an ointment made of petrolatum can also help the skin heal. After each session, a clean bandage should be used to cover the area for about a week.
Don’t worry. Our tattoo professionals here at Pearl Lemon Tattoos will advise you regarding aftercare tips to avoid unwanted skin damage.
Our Tattoo Removal for Felons
Felons deserve a chance to a changed life, and if that means removing something that’s supposed to be permanently etched on their skin, then so be it.
Pearl Lemon Tattoo offers its services to all, and our doors are always open for everyone.
We use PicoSure to help us do this. PicoSure has been called the world’s fastest tattoo removal method because it gets better results in 75% less time than other methods. This laser sends very short bursts of energy to the tattoo that last only trillionths of a second.
But we need to be careful with certain skin tones. Darker skin tones are more likely to get too much or too little pigmentation from PicoSure. Because of this, it is not recommended for people who want their skin to look natural and healthy after treatment. So, if you don’t want that, you can choose something else.
We also have the Revlite Machine as a backup. This laser is also great for people with darker skin because it can send near-infrared light at 1064 nm. This light is hard for melanin to absorb.
If you want to know more about services or want to consult about the right tattoo removal for you, you can always talk to us.
Inked Life No More
You’re turning on a new page in your life, so it’s time to take the first step.
Your employment prospects will improve, your hope will be restored, and you will be able to heal from tattoos, especially the ones that are antisocial or previously related to gangs.
We offer our services to you because we want to help you get that fresh start.
So what are you waiting for? With Pearl Lemon Tattoos, we ensure you that you’re in good hands. Contact us today.
Frequently Asked Questions
First, you should make an appointment with a trained professional who can look at your tattoo and tell you how to go about it. How many treatments you need will depend on how old, big, and/or many colours your tattoo is. The removal method will also depend on the colour of your skin and how deep the tattoo ink goes.
If you go with laser tattoo removal, this is how it usually goes.
- You will be given a pair of eye shields to protect your eyes.
- The tech will see how your skin reacts to the laser to determine how much energy to use for treatment.
- The technician uses the laser to send pulses of intense light through the top layers of your skin. Only the tattoo pigment will absorb the light.
- Smaller tattoos will need fewer pulses to get rid of, while bigger ones will need more. In either case, getting rid of a tattoo will take more than one treatment. Each time you go, your tattoo should get a little bit lighter.
Laser tattoo removal hurts, but most people don't need to be put to sleep. Depending on where your tattoo will be, you may want to use a cream to numb the area first.
Use an ice pack on the area right after the treatment to make it feel better. And cover it to protect it with an antibiotic cream or ointment and a bandage. When you go outside, you should also make sure to put sunblock on it.
Most people describe laser tattoo removal as feeling like a rubber band snapping against the skin. Some people say it feels like bacon grease being splashed on the skin. So, it's not really that bad.
If you could handle the pain of getting a tattoo, you should be able to handle the minor pain of removing it. Most people agree that removing a tattoo with a laser hurts less than they thought it would.
Laser clinics often use cold air, numbing creams, or lidocaine to prepare the skin for the laser.
Except for a few small spots around the eyes, laser tattoo removal can be done on any tattoo on any part of the body.
The first step is to meet with a licensed and certified laser technician for a consultation. During your first consultation, your technician will tell you if your tattoo is too close to your eye for the laser to be safe.